Do you feel like you’re losing your youthful vigor? You’re not alone. According to a 2014 survey held by Pfizer to assess people’s attitudes toward aging, it was found that up to 87% of Americans fear getting older. They associate aging with a loss of independence, health problems, and an overall decline in well-being.
While it’s true that the aging process can’t be completely stopped, there are ways to slow it down and minimize its effects. These days, many safe and minimally-invasive procedures can help you turn back the clock. Here are some examples:
One of the most popular ways to achieve a more youthful appearance is with dermal fillers. Fillers can be used to plump up thin lips, soften facial creases, and fill out hollow cheeks. They are often recommended for people who want to achieve a more youthful, rested look.
There are many types of fillers on the market, so be sure to consult a board-certified aesthetician or plastic surgeon to find the best one for you. Here are some things to look out for:
- Restylane Silk: This filler is specifically designed for the lips and can give them a fuller, more youthful appearance.
- Juvederm: Juvederm is a popular choice for people looking to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It can also be used to add volume to the lips.
- Belotero: Belotero is a versatile filler that can be used to treat a variety of concerns, including wrinkles, fine lines, and hollow cheeks.
Regardless of which filler you choose, you can expect results that last six months to a year.
Neuromodulators are injectables that temporarily relax the muscles in your face, resulting in a softer, more youthful appearance. Botox is the most popular type of neuromodulator, but there are many others on the market as well.
Botox works by blocking the signals from your nerves to your muscles. This prevents the muscles from contracting, which reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Botox is most often used for forehead creases, crow’s feet, and lines between the eyebrows.
Other popular neuromodulators include:
- Dysport: Dysport is very similar to Botox and is often used to treat the same concerns.
- Xeomin: Xeomin is another injectable that works by temporarily relaxing the muscles in your face.
- Jeuveau: Jeuveau is a newer neuromodulator that has recently become popular for its ability to achieve natural-looking results.
Neuromodulators typically last for three to four months, after which time you will need to get another injection to maintain your results.
3. Thread Lifts
If you’re looking for a more dramatic transformation, you may want to consider a thread lift. A thread lift is a minimally-invasive procedure that can be used to tighten sagging skin, resulting in a more youthful appearance.
Thread lifts work by using special threads that are inserted under the skin. For polydioxanone (PDO) thread lifts, the threads are made of a material that dissolves over time. The PDO threads inserted using a cannula lift the skin and stimulate collagen production, further improving the skin’s appearance.
Thread lifts can be used to treat a variety of concerns, including sagging skin on the face, neck, and body. They can also be used to improve the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Thread lifts typically last for one to two years.
4. Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser skin resurfacing is another great way to achieve a more youthful appearance. It uses laser energy to remove the outermost layer of skin, revealing the fresh, glowing skin beneath. Laser skin resurfacing can also help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots.
If you’re considering this procedure, here are some tips on how to prepare for your session:
- Avoid sun exposure before your treatment. Sun exposure can increase the risk of scarring and other complications.
- Don’t wear makeup or lotion on the day of your treatment. Makeup and lotion can interfere with the laser’s ability to penetrate the skin.
- Arrive well-hydrated. Hydrated skin absorbs laser energy better than dry skin.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine before your treatment. Alcohol and caffeine can dehydrate the skin.
- Bring a friend or family member with you. A friend or family member can provide moral support during your treatment.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your laser skin resurfacing treatment goes smoothly.
These days, you can try many safe procedures to rejuvenate your appearance. From fillers and neuromodulators to laser skin resurfacing and thread lifts, there are lots of options available to help you achieve a more youthful look. Consult with a board-certified aesthetician or plastic surgeon to find out which procedure is right for you.